Jigsaw (South East) is committed to protecting your privacy. We ensure that all personal information is held securely and safely using secure systems and processes.
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR 2003)
Jigsaw (South East) is a Registered charity (1147696) and Registered Company Limited by Guarantee (08014061).
We support bereaved children and families and those facing the loss of a family member through a life limiting illness. We also provide a training programme aimed at health & education professionals.
What we collect
The information we collect may be obtained in several ways either when accessing or enquiring about our support service, a training request, making a donation directly or through a third-party provider through our website or partner provider, becoming a Volunteer, taking part in any events we may be running or signing up to receive our newsletter.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, title, address, telephone number and email address
- Any preferences and interests that have been indicated
- Training courses attended
- Donations made by individuals (and Gift Aid collected through HMRC), companies or other organisations
- For our service users who access direct support from Jigsaw (South East) we may record further sensitive information and we will ensure that we have consent from the individual to record and process this data
We will hold personal information relating to children and young people in order to deliver our support service and will gain consent from an adult at the point of initial contact to record and process this. For young people over the age of 13 years we will provide a separate consent form to ensure they understand their rights on the data we hold on them. This data is kept securely with restricted access.
Why we record this data and what we do with it
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with an appropriate service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Administrative and internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our service.
- We may provide information on our service, fundraising activities using the email address which you have provided and ensuring consent has been given to do so.
- We may use the information provided anonymously to support a grant or funding application.
- To support a recruitment process
- We may need to share information under our Safeguarding policy.
When we collect your personal information, if you have given appropriate consent we will contact you to give updates on our service, upcoming events or campaigns we are running. Additionally, will may contact you to share updates our training programme.
Communication will be sent by email, post or telephone depending on the consent you have provided.
If you wish to stop receiving this communication, you can opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also update your preferences for further contact on the following;
- Jigsaw (South East) newsletter & service updates
- Jigsaw (South East Fundraising newsletter & events
By emailing us at email@example.com
Where we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Personal data is stored with restricted access to appropriate personnel on our secure electronic systems hosted within the European Union. No third parties have access to the personal data unless the law requires them to do so.
How long will we keep personal data?
All information held in relation to support work will be securely stored for a period of time recommended by the current NHS record keeping policy. For donations we are required by UK tax law to keep basic personal data for a minimum of 6 years.
Jigsaw (South East) is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and therefore adheres to their code of practice and the key principles embodied in the code.
This is a name for a small file which is downloaded onto your device, computer, mobile phone or tablet. Once you give consent the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal data to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How you can amend, access or delete your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of information we hold, this is called a Subject Access Request. Please email email@example.com or write to Jigsaw (South East), East Court Mansion, College Lane, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 3LT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or you wish the data to be deleted, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. We will require evidence of your identity.